Dreamweaver 8 updating site cache

Still using DW8, (I know, maybe this year) Saw link to this page in Google when I was searching for another issue because I have not been able to open DW Help without crashing program for as long as I can remember.

I finally got tired of having Dreamweaver crash when I had the audacity to ask it a question instead of just searching the web for myself and I found your page.

The top line of the window (in case someone searches to find this) is "Dreamweaver MX 2004 has encountered a problem and needs to close.

We are sorry for the inconvenience." If you use the "click here" to see details, the error is in appname:modname:is an older Active X control popularly used with Visual Basic (though not exclusive - it is Active X after all) used for Microsoft "special" HTMLHelp kit.

If the message is different, I'll come back and update this blog entry.

Update: ok, if the JIT debugger is not setup to handle errors, then instead one gets the "good ol'" windows prompt to "send error report".

The thing is that I have tried the older versions of Macromedia's Dreamweaver ( I think I have tested from version 4 [?!In both cases, I have FF set as primary and yet I suffered this problem.If anyone knows another way to control DW using IE for help, perhaps that would explain why only some get this problem. PS I happen to have MS Visual Studio 2005 installed, which intercepts the error and offers to run the JIT debugger.Finally, I posted the question on a DW forum and David Alcala of Adobe DW Quality Engineering responded pointing out this technote. ) Update: As is often the case in a blog entry written years ago, the link above no longer works.In the vein of "teaching a man to fish", please note that when that happens, you ought to go to archive.org, and on the front page enter the URL in question. In the case of the URL above, a version of the technote from 2009 can be found here.

Search for dreamweaver 8 updating site cache:

dreamweaver 8 updating site cache-52dreamweaver 8 updating site cache-87dreamweaver 8 updating site cache-76dreamweaver 8 updating site cache-84

Since the technote doesn't offer the specific error message I was getting (or any other), I hope this blog entry may be found by others searching as I did.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

One thought on “dreamweaver 8 updating site cache”